Friday, October 3, 2008

CINTIQ 21UX

Today's been a great day! I finally received my Waccom CINTIQ 21UX in the mail. I set it up and it runs GREAT with my macbook pro.

With the CINTIQ I will now be able to fine tune and touch up the mistakes, errors and imperfections of the 'Flagler's Few' pages.

For those of you that don't know what a CINTIQ 21UX is...it is in essence a giant doodle board. Remember those blue boards you could draw on with a special pen? The CINTIQ is a computer screen that allows you to do the same. The pen you use though, has over 10,000 pressure points and allows for thick to thin lines as well as light to heavy. SCAD recently has upgraded most of its computer labs with these things, and they are pretty much the wave of the future as far as graphic artists and the like are concerned.

Being a traditionalist, I held out as long as I could, but after trying it out myself. I was hooked! I knew this would be a vital tool in the building of my first graphic novel.

In other news, I've started to imploy my "One-A-Day" technique for the book. Every week day, from here on out, I will finish at least one page in the pencil stage for the book. This will speed up completion and keep me focused on what needs to be done. This doesn't necessarily mean finished pencils, more along the lines of layouts and roughs, but with all the pages finished, it might be easier to get a grip on this monster of a project!

No comments: