Saturday, October 11, 2008

Then and Now...

I've noticed since attending Savannah College of Art and Design, a vast improvement in my artistic abilities. I believe a good artist is visible in the way he/she changes and evolves in artistic ability.

Recently, I discovered a portfolio I had hidden away that contained all the old pages I had done when I first attempted to start this graphic novel. Needless to say I was embarrassed by my former work. If I had half a brain I would have burned the pages so they'd never see the light of day...

Since I don't have any brains to speak of, I will now submit to you the examples of the original pages, and compare them against the now. The first pages you'll see are the originals from 2005, and then you'll see their 2008 counterparts, the FINALS for the graphic novel.

(Note: the new pages have not gone through Photoshop yet, so you'll still see some blue-line pencil work and no word bubbles)

Enjoy!


No comments: